In-House Laboratory provides veterinarians the ability to find fast, accurate answers, and to make decisions quickly in order to meet the needs of their patients.
In-House Laboratory at Mission Animal Clinic
At Mission Animal Clinic we have the capability to run complete in-hospital blood work panels including serum chemistries for kidney, liver function, and electrolytes; a comprehensive blood cell analysis; and a complete urinalysis. All these results can be obtained in just a few minutes. Specific tests like thyroid levels (T4) and Fructosamine levels can now also be performed in-house.
We can also test for infectious diseases such as feline leukemia, canine parvovirus, erhlichiosis (tick fever), and heartworm disease. We tailor the blood panels to suit each animal’s individual needs and monitoring.
- Other in house diagnostics include, but are not limited to:
- Fecal analysis and urinalysis
- Cytology and fine needle aspiration of skin masses
- Radiographs (x-ray)
- Abdominal and cardiac ultrasound
We also work with Idexx Laboratory and the University of Arizona Diagnostic Lab who we send blood work and tissue samples to for many lab tests we are unable to perform in our hospital. These include but are not limited to:
- Coccidiomycosis (valley fever)
- Thyroid testing and monitoring
- Phenobarbital/potassium bromide level
- Histopathology (biopsy evaluation)
- Fluid analysis
- Culture and sensitivity (of infected areas)
- Fructosamine levels
To learn more or schedule an appointment, please give us a call at 913-432-3341.